Top 10 things to do in Samoa
1. Take a trip to the Sua Ocean Trench and dive off the ladder into an aquamarine pool, then visit the surrounding blowholes and kick back on the beaches.
2. Visit Robert Louis Stevenson’s former home and learn about his life in Samoa, then climb to his grave for spectacular coastal views.
4. Can the people get any friendlier? Stop and have a chat with the locals - they're warm, generous and kind!
5. Explore Savaii’s spectacular lava landscapes, from extinct craters and ancient volcanic peaks, to bizarre tubes and black sands.
6. Head to Savaii’s stormy Taga coast and see the Alofaaga Blowholes send jets of water into the sky at high tide.
7. Doze off in a thatched beach fale (hut) or stretch out on the sand - try Lalomanu on Upolu’s south coast or Manase in northeast Savaii.
8. Enter the Falealupo Rainforest Preserve and walk through the canopy on the hanging bridge, or see Samoa’s highest peak in O Le Pupu-Pue National Park.
9. Watch a game of local Kilikiti (Samoan cricket), taste an Oka fish salad and, if you’re brave enough, get a traditional Samoan tattoo.
10. Grab a drink and sit back to admire some seriously good Pacific sunsets!