Top 10 things to do in New Zealand
1. From Auckland, jump aboard a ferry to Waiheke Island for beautiful beaches, forest and vineyards just 35 minutes away.
2. Get your adrenaline fix by taking on the challenge of the original Kawarau Bridge bungee jump in Queenstown.
3. Soak up the stunning views on a day tour to Arthur’s Pass on the scenic Tranzalpine railway from Christchurch.
4. For Wellington’s best views, make for the lookout at the top of Mount Victoria.
7. Go whale watching or dolphin swimming at Kaikoura, midway between Picton and Christchurch.
8. Relax amongst the geysers, mud pools and thermal springs of Rotorua, where traditional Maori culture and rejuvenating natural spas are the highlights.
9. Explore the Lord of the Rings at the Hobbiton movie set near Hamilton or in Wellington, visit Weta workshop which produced special effects and props for the movie.
10. Hike the Tongariro Alpine Crossing – with turquoise pools, glowing lava flows and hissing craters this is surely the most spectacular day walk in New Zealand.