1. Taste fresh seafood at Oistins Friday Fish Fry. Sample fresh mahi-mahi, grilled lobster and spicy swordfish, as well as enjoying the live music, Barbadian rum and friendly locals
2. Explore Harrisons Cave, a crystallised limestone cave on the north coast. Take an underground tram ride to discover the magical underworld of caverns, flowing streams, shimmering deep pools and towering columns
3. Snorkel with sea turtles in the perfect turquoise waters around Barbados. Take a cruise from Bridgetown or simply keep your eyes out when you’re snorkelling off Pebble Beach off the west coast
4. Taste some of the best Barbados rum – why not take in a tour to learn about the process of rum-making at the famous Mount Gay Rum Distillery. The Barbados Food & Rum Festival is held in October, the best time to visit for rum fans!
5. Indulge in afternoon tea at Sandy Lane Hotel, the most exclusive hotel in Barbados. What better way to spend a few hours then having a delicious afternoon tea looking out over the ocean?
6. Explore Bridgetown, the capital of Barbados. This town is steeped in history with lots of monuments and historical buildings, as well as restaurants where you can try local Bajan cuisine
7. Visit Animal Flower Cave under the cliffs in St Lucy Parish. Colourful sea anemones that live on the floor of the cave while the walls have been coloured green and brown by oxidation of copper and iron
8. Explore the island on a jeep safari, taking you to some of the best areas of Barbados Find secluded beaches, gushing blowholes, scenic viewpoints and try delicious local seafood
9. Thanks to its location with the vast Atlantic on one side and the calm Caribbean Sea on the other, Barbados is a hub for water sports activities. You can enjoy water-skiing, parasailing, and surfing as well as snorkelling and diving amongst colourful coral and fish
10. Stroll along one of Barbados’ spectacular beaches. The West Coast has some of the best including the vast sands of Mullins Beach while the north-east’s bays are more rugged but just as beautiful