Top 10 things to do in Antigua & Barbuda
1. Stroll along Antigua’s beautiful sands, like the sweeping beach at Half Moon Bay or the calm waves of Long Bay
2. Visit Betty’s Hope, a fully restored sugar plantation, where you can learn about the island’s history and admire the large windmills that soar into the sky
3. Admire the island from Shirley Heights, a perfect spot with spectacular views over English Harbour. Visit at sunset on a Sunday to enjoy live music and a party with the locals
4. Wander around Nelsons Dockyard, where you’ll find a museum and beautiful boats in this restored harbour where Horatio Nelson used to live
5. Visit the quiet beaches between March and November to observe Hawksbill, Leatherback and Green Turtles both nesting and hatching.
6. Enjoy the magnificent boats that surround the island during Antigua Sailing Week in April. Luxury yachts and racing vessels from all over the world can be spotted during the week-long festival
7. Take the ferry to Barbuda, where you can snorkel in crystal clear water, stroll along pink sand beaches and watch frigate birds in the large colony.
8. Take a jeep tour around the island, driving through the forests, along ‘Fig Tree Drive’ passing mango and coconut groves
9. Go snorkelling in the warm waters of Antigua – you’ll find French angelfish, gentle green turtles and even huge barracudas living off the coast of the island
10. Visit Stingray City, where you can snorkel with wild southern stingrays, that love to bask in the peaceful waters